This is a great opportunity to attend the workshop training in Valencia, California Nov 7-8, 8am-5pm (both days). This intensive weekend workshop, taught by Yvonne Novak, CCCE, CD, CLD, CLE, CPD is approved by CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association).
Childbirth educators have the opportunity to reach families when they are open to new ideas and to help them achieve positive birth experiences. Learn how to empower expectant parents with evidence-based information.
Workshop topics include:
• Improving Nutrition During Pregnancy, Postpartum, and Lactation
• Demonstrating Exercises for Pregnancy and Positions for Labor and Birth
• Describing the Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
• Explaining Fundamentals of Labor and Birth
• Providing Proven Pain-Coping Techniques for Labor
• Identifying Ways to Prepare Birth Partners
• Using the Risk/Benefit Model to Teach Medications, Interventions, Cesarean Birth, and Breastfeeding
• Preparing Parents for the Postpartum Period and Possible Unexpected Outcomes
• Teaching Strategies for Various Types of Adult Learners
• Marketing Your Services
CAPPA offers the highest level of evidence based training available and is the fastest growing childbirth education and doula organization in the world. Membership entitles you to many benefits including free conferences. For information about other requirements for becoming a CAPPA certified childbirth educator please see CAPPA’s website www.cappa.net.
The workshop fee is $350 and includes the CAPPA Childbirth Educator Manual (retail cost $50). CAPPA membership is required and can be applied for at the workshop. The cost is $45 for one year, $80 for two years. CAPPA membership benefits include attending the annual conferences for free.
Certification Packets can be purchased at the workshop for $35. The only additional fee is $75 for the Exam Certification Processing Fee. Total cost for certifying thru CAPPA, including the workshop, is $505.
Refund Policy: You may cancel for a full refund, minus a $50 processing fee, up to 15 days before the workshop by written (mail or email) notification. After that there are no refunds but you may receive full credit toward another workshop if you cancel by written notification. If you are unable to attend your organization may send a substitute participant at no charge. If the workshop is cancelled due to low enrollment you will be notified at least a week in advance and you will be able to choose a complete refund or credit towards another workshop.
Yvonne Novak CD, CLD, CCCE-T, CLE-T, CPD
Birth Doula (DONA and CAPPA certified),
Childbirth and Lactation Educator Trainer (CAPPA)
Do Terra Essential Oils
Alternate email: email@example.com
take pride in how far you have come...have faith for how far you can go"